Ray Charles Robinson Jr.
Ray Charles Robinson Jr. is an accomplished creative entrepreneur, award-winning author, award-winning film producer, and international lecturer. He is an alumnus of Whittier College, where he majored in business and minored in economics. He’s also a member of the Lancer Society of Whittier College and serves on the Lancer Scholarship Committee. As well, Raye is an accomplished and experienced Financial Advisor for Fraser Financial Group / Mass Mutual of Beverly Hills. He advises high net worth individuals on estate preservation, maintaining, and growing their financial assets.
As founder of the non-profit, Ray Charles Jr. Foundation for America, Ray is committed to serving humanitarian causes and growing ventures that support these values. With a distinct emphasis on improving global education, preserving our natural resources and environment, and expanding the role of performing arts can play in our global unity. Ray is actively engaged in the development and enhancement of his local community as well. He’s a member of Sustainable Business Los Angeles, the NAACP Beverly Hills Branch, and Advisory Board Member for California Greenworks.
He’s also the son of the legendary entertainer, known worldwide as Ray Charles. His riveting 2010 memoir, You Don’t Know Me: Reflections of My Father Ray Charles, was the winner of a 2011 NAACP Image Award eclipsing competitive nominations including memoirs from statesman and political leaders, Nelson Mandela and Condoleezza Rice. His international lectures on the Global Influence of Music, Film, and Poetry part 1, 2, and 3 have been enthusiastically received, most recently during another university tour in mainland China.
Recent speaking engagements include:
- Keynote Speaker for NACCE National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship “The Rise of the Creative Entrepreneur”;
- Keynote Speaker for Youngstown State University “Character, Education, Self Reliance, and Intellectual Independence;”
- Guest Lecturer for Capital Normal University of Beijing China “The Global Influence of Music, Film, and Poetry” Part 1, 2 and 3;
- Keynote Speaker for the NAACP Freedom Fund Dinner of Greater New Britain Connecticut “Reinventing Yourself”;
- Guest Speaker Tuskegee University “Cooperative Extension Program “Youth Empowerment Summit”;
- Keynote Speaker for the Black Caucus of the American Librarians Association “Outstanding Literary Work for YOU DON”T KNOW ME”
- Keynote Speaker on outstanding literary work for “You Don’t Know Me” for the Kodak School of Music celebrating the 88thAnniversary of the Eastman Kodak Theatre and the opening season of the POP’s with the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra. Celebrating the music of Ray Charles;
- Keynote Speaker for Pathway-Senderos Teen Pregnancy Prevention of ew Britain Connecticut “The Economic Crisis of Teen Pregnancy in America”;
- Keynote Speaker for Grossmont College of San Diego “History of the Blues”;
Ray’s film and television producing highlights include; co-executive producer of Ray Charles 50 years of Music for Fox Television; co-producer – award winning film Ray a Taylor Hackford film for Crusader Entertainment / Walden Media; co-producer – Ray Charles with the Voices of Jubilation / Christmas Jubilee Concert / DVD; co-producer and appeared in Black Prince an Anatoli Ivanov film and Grand Jury Prize award-winning film of the New York International Film Festival based on the life of Alexander Pushkin, filmed in Moscow and St. Petersburg, Russia; and co-producer –Hotel California, a Geo Santini film for Alliance Entertainment Group.
In remembrance of his father’s legacy and commitment to America music history, Ray is the catalyst behind Ray Charles Jr. Music, a new online initiative. His goal is to enhance the contribution made by creative entrepreneurs, by providing greater access to information, tools, resources, and events that inform, inspire, and elevate the business savvy of these unique artistic leaders, particularly those in the business of music.